19 May 2010
In spite of their large sizes, new species of monitor lizards (genus Varanus) are still being discovered, which speaks of our poor understanding of biodivertity on Earth.
Two new species (V. rasmusseni and V. palawenensis) and a new subspecies (V. c. cumingi) of monitor lizards were recently described from the Philippines in an article published in Zootaxa.
Published by Enrique La Marca en 05:17
11 May 2010
08 May 2010
A classic manual, in Spanish, is available online at the following link:
(1) The global status of amphibians.
(2) Towards a new regional strategy of research and conservation for amphibians in tropical Andean countries.
(3) Experimental design and statistical analyses.
(4) Biosecurity protocol and quarantine to prevent diseases transmission in amphibians.
(5) Fundamentals of bioacoustics and practical aspects or frog call recording and analysis.
(6) Techniques for the inventory and sampling of amphibians: a compilation.
(7) Preparation and preservation of scientific material.
(8) Amphibian monitoring.
(10) Resources/Sources of information on the Internet.
- ► 2012 (17)
- ► 2011 (11)
- ▼ May 2010 (4)
- ► November 2009 (14)